My run tracking app of choice, RunKeeper, posted a short poll today that got me thinking. “Fill in the blank. I run to __________!” I couldn’t settle for just one answer. So here are 15.
I run because __________.
- I put it in my calendar. (Things that are scheduled are more likely to get done.)
- My wife likes how I look.
- I like how I look.
- I fit into my smaller jeans.
- I can eat anything I want.
- I feel great all day after a morning run. (And I always run in the morning.)
- I have energy for everything else in life.
- I sleep so well at night.
- During a run, the daily grind rarely enters my mind.
- When I push through challenging runs, I’m strengthening my character.
- The runner’s high.
- With runs lasting 30 to 300 minutes, I have plenty of solo think time.
- I get to rock out to motivating music.
- Personal records.
- I love me some bling and a space blanket at the finish line.